Wednesday, January 5, 2011

OUR own biggest loser challenge

SO, with the new year Aaron and I decided it was time to get back in shape! I have put on 10 pounds since this summer! OUCH! My clothes are tight and I am just NOT happy being this out of shape. Aaron is not in the same boat as me, then again he didn't have a baby and a hysterectomy within the last year and a half. Needless to say I am the one with the biggest weight loss goal. But hey, that's OKAY! We are doing this TOGETHER! We are supporting each other and we are going to look GREAT on the beach when we FINALLY take our kids on our first vacation in SIX years! Yes, you read that right! SIX years! I have my goals on the fridge where I can see them every day! My ultimate goal is to lose 30 pounds. Then I have smaller goals built into the big goal. For example, once I lose 5 pounds then I get to get a mani/pedi! (WOO HOO! I CAN'T wait!). For every 5 pounds I lose I reach another goal with some sort of reward. Oh yeah, I made up all the goals and rewards so I can't WAIT to hit them all! Shopping is one of my goals too! =)
Aaron would like to lose 10-15 pounds (from where I'm not sure). Together we are working on eating better (not that we ate horrible before, but we could definitely work on healthier eating) and encouraging each other to work out. Turbo Jam is one heck of a work out! AND I have also started Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown...OMGosh! Yeah, that'll definitely get you in shape! AND I'm on the EASY level! My goodness! Tomorrow night I get to go check out a Zumba class with my friend Cassie. I can't wait! I have heard SO many great things about Zumba and that once you start you become addicted! I would LOVE to be addicted to exercise and NOT chocolate! =) Anyhow, I hope I LOVE it because when I reach my 15 pound weight loss goal then I get to get the Zumba Total Body Transformation DVD set!
One more thing Aaron and I are doing is tracking our food intake and exercise. I have downloaded two apps on my iPhone to help us track. I am using MyFitnessPal and Aaron is using The Daily Burn.
I can't wait to see our before and after photos! Before pics will be posted either tonight or tomorrow along with starting weights and measurements! If we can do this so can you! So join us for our very own biggest loser challenge!

No comments: