So, after Target I got a call from UPS to be a Driver's Helper. I interviewed and basically if I showed up for the interview I was given the job. So I went to orientation somewhere over in Louisville (so glad my GPS knew where I was going). Orientation was a bit over my head because it was for a Driver which isn't what I was going to do, but I tried my best to learn what I needed to. The funny part about orientation was they were talking about how you would meet your driver at a central location close to your house (SWEET!) and go from there. The lady doing our orientation told us to be early because if we were supposed to be there at 11:00 and didn't get there until 11:02 that the driver would leave us. GOT IT!
So, Monday I got my first call to go out. I had some MAJOR anxiety about this! I knew I could do the job but I have been spoiled by getting to stay home with Bella and I really didn't want to go. I wanted to stay at Kerrie's with Bella and play too! =) Anyhow, I met the driver in Georgetown. I got there early and we were headed out on our route. I only worked for three hours, but man was I sore. Delivering packages isn't nearly as easy as you would think. It was fun and good exercise so I was fine with it. I knew I could do this for three weeks.
So Tuesday I didn't work. Today they called me early and I told them I would be at Walmart in Corydon at 11:00. So I got ready, got Bella ready, took her to Kerrie's, and went to Corydon. I got to Walmart at 10:57 and waited where I was supposed to (or at least I think so). I got out and walked around looking, I drove behind Walmart wondering if there was something I was missing...NOPE. He wasn't there. So I parked in my car and waited a little while longer. After I had been there almost 20 minutes I left! (Remember, if you are two minutes late they will leave you.) I needed to put gas in my car and was paying a sitter for nothing. I was furious that I had gotten out, wasted gas, paid my sitter, and didn't even work! So I drove back to Georgetown to pick up Bella. When I got back out to the car there was a VM from UPS stating that I was supposed to meet the driver at 11:00 (this was noon when they called and left the message) and he was there but I wasn't so I needed to call them ASAP! So, I called Matt and talked to him. I told him what happened and I told him that I wasn't going to waste time sitting there waiting on the driver when I was paying a sitter. He said he understood and asked if I still wanted to work. I said, "Today or ever?"...he meant today and I told him that I had already picked up my daughter from the sitter and was on my way home. He told me that if I wanted to work tomorrow or when I was ready to work to give him a call.
WOW! Thank you GOD for making the decisions I need to make quite obvious! I need to trust in YOU and not worry about a thing! That is what all of my devotions have been about this week! I will trust in you God and not worry. I know you have my best interest at heart.
Part of today's devotion from Proverbs 31...
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.”
Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with my life — and I’m running out of time to figure it out. What if I never find it? Will I always be unhappy and unfulfilled? Will I never achieve my purpose? What will God do about that – will He call me a bad servant? But I can’t help it. Why doesn’t He answer my prayers for direction?
Maybe I’m just too sinful or something. I know I should read the Bible more. Is this limbo I’m in some kind of punishment for that? Am I really so much worse than everybody else? Maybe I just don’t have any special gifts or talents. Or they just never got developed. Maybe that’s it, and maybe now it’s too late. So what do I do now? I don’t know what I’m supposed to do …
Dear Lord, I’m turning over all my fears and problems to You to handle today. I can’t fix a single thing by worrying about it – but You can fix anything because nothing is impossible for You! Thanks for being in charge of my day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment