Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Skyla!

Today our oldest daughter is 14! WOW! That's right, I said 14! Makes me want to cry when I realize how quickly time has passed and how little time we have left with our kids before they go away to college. I need to remember this the next time I am frustrated or upset about the little things. We won't have a whole lot of that left before they all grow up and have families of their own. Oh how I am so not ready for that! So for now we will cherish the moments we have and try to lock them away in our memories to keep forever. Tomorrow dinner to celebrate and then Friday our homemade family dinner...goulash and "crack"balls (they are called snowballs but they are SO good that they have been called "crack"....yes I know...we come up with some bad jokes sometimes) and then a late night Walmart run...that's what she wanted for her birthday! =)

Happy birthday Skyla! We love you SO very much!

No comments: