Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day CRAZINESS!!!!!!!

Well, today was my first day back to work. I must say it started out okay. I did well when we dropped Bella off at the sitter's house. Bella was happy and smiling like she had been going there every day. I didn't cry (believe it or not). I welled up with tears, but refused to let my emotions get the best of me. Went to our opening meeting and all was well. Got to school and did a few things then went to lunch with the teachers. While we were at lunch I got a call from Aaron saying that dad had driven himself to the ER for chest pains. WHAT? Well, at least this time he didn't drive himself with blurred vision. He is a stubborn ole cuss. So naturally I freaked out and left school. Went to the ER and he was doing okay. Stayed there with him for most of the afternoon until the doctor came in and said it wasn't his heart but that they were going to keep him overnight for observations. Since I had so much work to do in my classroom I left and went back to school. I stopped and got some food on the way back (around 4:30) since I hadn't had a chance to eat ALL day! After I got back to school, ate, and found out what I had missed that afternoon I finally lost it. I had a HUGE melt down! I was crying like a baby about how overwhelmed I was/am about everything. My room isn't ready, Bella is going to the sitters now, and dad was in the hospital. What a great and memorable day!
Let's hope and pray for a better day tomorrow! A wonderful fun-filled day of meetings, trying to get my room ready, and open house tomorrow night. WOO HOO! Hoping this isn't a sign of how my 2009-2010 school year is going to be.

No comments: