

Arabella Grace McKim was born on Easter Sunday April 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM weighing in at a whopping 5lbs 11oz and 18 inches long. Her story is quite unique. As my doctor, Dr. Dunn, has already stated she is going to be a drama queen. =) We have waited for so long and tried so hard for her and she has finally come, but of course had to make a grand entrance!
As many of you know Garrett's birthday was April 9th. My baby boy turned 11!!!! I just can't believe that! My biggest fear was that Bella would come on his birthday. Thank goodness she waited...a few days at least. She and I had talked and I told her she had to wait to come until after Easter because we were having everyone over to our house for Easter/G's b-day dinner. As you can see, she is already not listening to her momma! She did, however, allow Garrett to have his b-day sleepover with some friends on Friday night.
Saturday, April 11th I woke up having contractions. Off and on all day which was nothing new to me. Finally about 2:30 I started timing them and they were between 8-15 minutes a part for about 2 hours. I called Dr. Dunn and she told us to come on in. SO, we get to the hospital and get all hooked up and what do you know....the contractions stopped! I knew that would happen! So we were scheduled to go on on Wednesday, April 15th to be induced anyhow and Dr. Dunn said that we could either stay and go ahead and have her or go home and come back on Wednesday. I vote for staying! So they put me on cervadil that night and boy was it a long night of contractions, back pain, and no sleep. Aaron went to pick the kids up about 8:00 the next morning while I was going to eat breakfast, shower, and then they would put me on pitocin. Right when my breakfast got to my room my water broke. Aaron was parking the car when it happened so he couldn't come in until they got me all cleaned up. They said I could still eat and shower if I wanted, but the contractions were coming so hard and fast that all I wanted were DRUGS! BRING MY EPIDURAL NOW! So, they finally got my epidural and Bella's heartbeat kept dipping and then spiking. They kept turning me to see if it would help and it didn't. Come to find out she had turned breech sometime between Saturday night and Sunday morning and also had meconium (had pooped) in the womb. They said they needed to do a c-section and do one now. I was worried, Aaron was worried, but I somehow knew everything would be okay.
So they wheeled me into the OR and made Aaron wait outside in this waiting room. He was all dressed and ready to go. They were literally holding Bella up inside me so she wouldn't be born breech because they said my labor was moving FAST! We were waiting for the anesthesiologist to come and knock me out because I wasn't numb enough from my epidural and they didn't have time to wait for me to be numb so I was alseep when Bella was born. That's okay because she was born and is perfectly healthy! We are so truly blessed!
Needless to say I was quite out of it for most of the day on Sunday so if you came to see us at the hospital on Sunday I apologize. I was still half asleep from the drugs they put me on to knock me out for the surgery. And we were actually able to go home a day early since Bella and I were doing so well. They gave us the option, but after already being in the hospital for 3 nights I couldn't wait to come home and sleep in my own bed!
So, for now I am super sore, but feeling good! Bella is a good baby and so sweet and LITTLE! We both go to the doctor tomorrow (Thursday, April 16th). I get to have my staples removed (I remember wathing them take Jen's staples out of her arm and it is really cool!) and she gets to have her first check-up. We are praying that she will continue to grow to be healthy and strong!
Thanks so much for all of your love, support, and prayers! They are GREATLY appreciated!
Love to all!
The McKim Family
Aaron, Jenny, Skyla, Garrett, and Bella
No comments:
Post a Comment