Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Well, those of you that know me know that I am very ANTI-Valentine's Day! For some reason this year is different. I don't know if it's because I LOVE celebrating and decorating for each holiday. Maybe it's because it is my nature to be a party planner? Maybe it's because I love planning and giving little treats/presents/surprises? Maybe it's because I don't have a classroom of 25 kindergarteners giving me little Valentine cards this year? Or maybe it's because I am so full of love that I might explode if I don't share it?!
Don't get me wrong, I still think that Valentine's Day is a big made-up holiday so that the average person can go out and spend a bunch of money that really wasn't necessary in the first place. I think that if you have someone in your life you need to celebrate them and love them EVERY day NOT just on Valentine's Day! That being said, I don't NEED a box of chocolates, roses, an expensive dinner, or gifts (although, what girl wouldn't want those things). No, all I need is my man, a little "alone time" (that's what Garrett always says when he wants to be by himself) with my honey (a date of pizza and beer works just fine for me...heck, splurge and take me to White Castle for the white table cloths and roses!), and the rest of the time we can spend with our kids. I don't need anything expensive...all I need is some QT to make me one happy girl!
SO, even if you are still anti-Valentine's Day (which I have been for most of my life) take heart that one day that might all change. Thanks be to God for filling my soul with love so that those in my life could help fill my heart! I am truly blessed beyond belief!

No comments: