Friday, November 19, 2010

Masterbedroom Painting Project

Well, we are ALMOST finished with all of our painting projects! WOO HOO! I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but for my birthday I asked for paint! I know, I'm too practical sometimes for my own good. So I got lots of paint and a Shark Steam Mop! I LOVE them both (the paint and mop that is)! So take a look at our bedroom painting project. All we have left is our master bathroom, the kids bathroom, two stairwells, and to repaint the basement (which, by the way I asked for more paint for Christmas so we could repaint the basement. It was our first painting project and it didn't turn out so well.)! WOO HOO! We are almost finished painting! I KNOW my husband is excited about that! =)

I wish I could be as creative as the Thrifty Decor Chick however I am not! She has some amazing ideas and things I would love to try, but I'm just not that talented...yet! =)

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy our bedroom's before and after pics!
Can you see Bella's hand print? She was playing with the newspaper one day and put her hand print on the wall. I hated to wash it off or paint over it so I took a pic of it to remember. How tiny and sweet!
Before...take note of the recessed ceiling!

The ladder follows us every where! I think it is stalking us! ;-)


My AWESOME hubby hard at work! I do the prep work and he paints. What a great team we make! Besides, I don't paint very well and he is awesome at it!
The after pics. Did you take note of the recessed ceiling before?


Yes I know that our curtains don't match. I really want these curtains from IKEA, unfortunately I can't order them online. I would have to drive to their Ohio store to purchase them. It's a darn shame too! They are nice and thick curtains for a GREAT price! So, our curtains we have up will have to do for now because I really don't like the fact that our neighbors can see right into our bedroom while driving past our house at night when we don't have any curtains up.
Getting our morning Dora fix!
I think the Dora pillow adds a nice touch. What about you? ;-)
Btw...she LOVES this pillow! We must take it with us everywhere we go..well, in the house at least! I walked in the bedroom the other day and started talking to the pillow because I thought it was Skyla laying in our bed. It was too funny!

No comments: