Anyone following along? Did you try Rip's Big Bowl? I thought it was good! It was REALLY big! I only ate half of a big bowl and I don't like grapefruit so next time I will leave that off. My goal is to try everything he has planned for us and see if my tastebuds have changed at all. Although, I didn't like grapefruit as a kid and I still don't like it as an adult. We will see how the rest of the challenge goes.
Garrett did about hurl when he took the first bite of his bowl of cereal. He used to eating sugary sweet cereal like Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Reese's Puffs so I'm sure this was a big change for him.
Now, it's time to make the hummus for lunch.
Healthy Homemade Hummus
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos (I have no idea what this is...if you know please tell me!) OR low-sodium Tamari (in with the soy sauce)
3 TBSP water or vegetable broth
You could also add sesame seeds, roasted red pepper (my fave!), jalapeno, Kalamata olives, mint, spinach, or eggplant.
Happy hummus making!
No comments:
Post a Comment