Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nolin Lake

This weekend Garrett went camping with our neighbors down at Nolin Lake. So on Sunday we went down to hang out with the neighbors, go out on their boats, and then bring Garrett home with us. We took Bella with us and were a bit worried about how she would do. She LOVES the water, but she hadn't had a nap. She tends to get a bit crabby when she doesn't get enough sleep (kinda like her mommy). We went out and she didn't like her life jacket, but LOVED riding on the boat. She wanted to be like the big kids and jump in and swim by herself. So we got on the water and she was having a blast splashing and swimming. This is completely opposite of how Garrett was at her age. He was deathly afraid of the water even then! Then we ate some lunch, let her play on the boat, and hoped she would take a nap...no such luck!
I wasn't quite sure what else to do with her so I let her be. Then she saw her daddy get in the water and she was telling him how it was that he went in the water without her! It was really funny! :-) So we put her back in the water and she had a blast!
Then we got her out and headed back to shore so she could nap. I took her to the car, drove around the campground once, and then sat in the car with her for an hour and a half while she napped. I really wish I would have had something to read because I was a bit on the bored side.
After she woke up everyone else headed back to camp. They had all had a great time tubing and skiing and were hungry. Aaron, Skyla, and Garrett were all sore from tubing and riding the banana boat. I wish I could have seen them! We were going to try and go back out on the boats after dinner, but Bella was still cranky so we decided it was best for us to leave. We hated to leave the neighbors (especially since I didn't really get to visit much with them), but it was leave or prepare for many meltdowns from our usually very happy little girl. I realized after I got her in the car that she was mainly hot (she's gonna be hot natured like her daddy) and was quite happy once she was in the cool air conditioned car.
I wish I had some pictures of our trip to post, but my camera died by the time we got to the camp ground. Looks like it's time to invest in a car charger!
Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: