Friday, October 9, 2009

When it rains, it rains

Well, today was not the most wonderful of days. Aaron and I were planning on spending the day hanging out with Bella and going to Harvest Homecoming. Big pooper on those plans thanks to the 25 million inches of rain we have had. So I got up this morning thankful that I was able to sleep in until 6:30 when I woke G up to get in the shower. Finally got him ready and out the door when he tells me that no one is at the bus stop. So I told him to come back in and I would take him to school since I thought he missed the bus. Turned on the news and...what is that? School closings and delays...WHAT?!?!?! Yep, G was on a 2 hour delay. How exactly is that going to work when the bus won't come until 9:30 and we have to be in NA for Bella's doctor's appointment at 9:00. Well, it all became clear to me after Garrett spent the next hour in the bathroom. Yep, he went with us to the doctor. So we were running a few minutes late, and if you know my son he is not the fastest person in the world. Lighting a flame under him is like trying to burn wet wood. Anyhow, we were running a few minutes behind when Bella pukes all over herself. AND she was already in the car seat. So, out she goes to change and get cleaned off. Finally get her cleaned up and ready to go when I decide to call the doctor's office to let them know we are running a bit behind due to G being in the bathroom and Bella puking when they tell me that they won't be able to see her today since we will be late. EXCUSE ME? WHAT! How many times do you go to the doctor and wait forever and they won't see you if you are running late. I understand that they are trying to keep a tight schedule, but come on. Life happens people. It's not like I was laying around eating bon bons all morning instead of trying to get out the door! I was furious! Well, we finally got there 15 minutes late and they saw her. They gave her 3 shots and said she looks great. YEA! When I left I was getting dirty looks by the lady who made our next appointment for us. I think if looks could kill I would be dead. BUT the kicker is this...she kept telling me how busy they were and blah blah blah and when we got there....there was NO ONE in the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So then we had 15 million errands to run and didn't even get them all finished. And why is it that when you are having a not so fabulous day that everyone in the world knows it and decides to hate on you as well? I don't know, maybe they don't really hate you but you are having such a crappy day that it feels like they all hate you. I would have been so happy to stay home today and chill with my fam....I wish we had more of that. Maybe that is why I was so blah today. Maybe it was the rain. I needed to vent about all of this raining crudioca. I try to be a very positive person, but I think I was on the cloudy side of the rainbow today...not hard to do with all of the rain that we've had!

No comments: